Bouncer is the security people we usually see in bars, night clubs, event spaces, or other formal gatherings. Bouncer is tasked to make certain the safety and security in the venue where it is unavoidable to have occasional troubles and related accidents, as well as to make sure the obedience to laws and legal procedures to maintain the reputation of the establishment. He/she is responsible to strictly obey with rules, including forbid minors from drinking or even stop illegal practices happen.
Bouncer can also be hired in events such as concerts and theater. This hiring may either being through direct hiring in the establishment or venue or through an agency that is offering these kinds of services to the company.
Bouncer Needed Skills and Qualifications
To be a reliable bouncer, candidates must meet the skills and qualifications below:
- Having excellent interpersonal skills and sense of sensitivity since bouncer will be lots of dealing with customers and ensuring neatness inside the establishment or during an event.
- Knowing how to interact well and how to implement rules with being neither too abusive nor too passive.
- Having firm decision and word in order to be obeyed by the different individuals coming from different backgrounds and varying age groups.
- Being physically fit to be capable to work long hours at night or the demanded time shift he/she requires to complete.
- Being time flexible, particularly for events and concerts, include willing to work on holidays and weekends depend on the schedule.
- Possessing at least a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Having basic knowledge of first aid and handling emergencies.
- Having military-related or law enforcement experience is preferable, since he/she will be the first line of defense and the primary point of contact between these persons.
- Having good and exclusive network of people including private and public officials is an advantage, because this can give good foundation for the event and establishment in having reliable contacts on hand.
Bouncer Tasks and Responsibilities
- Making certain that every person who will enter the establishment will not cause any related harms or damages by for instance monitoring every visitor going inside, as well as keeping an eye on the crowd behavior and see if the inside of the establishment is already overcrowded or not.
- Stopping any happening disturbances and troubles.
- Serving as a link between the establishment and the law enforcement officials.
- Making certain that the operations run in an orderly and secure manner. In order to ensure it, any individual who may be causing disturbances can be dismissed from the establishment.
- Providing reports to management concerning important accidents or problems that require attention and necessary actions.
Bouncer Job Opportunities
Candidates who wish to become a bouncer are now able to see the bouncer job advertisements online or through newspaper. Beside, there are also organizations, such as the National Club Industry Association of America which can offer job opportunities to potential candidates.